Friday, September 27, 2013

Beginning Again

The season of thankfulness is drawing closer.  I want to be thankful every day.  Every day.  Not just every day of the months leading up to our Thanksgiving holiday.  Most of all, I want to be better about expressing it and not just thinking it in a tidy little "thought bubble" above my own head.  To that end, I will begin again adding my thankful tidbits to the end of my posts during the months of October and November.  Some days, I might list big HALLELUJAH things, and other days, just the obvious DAILY-dailies.  To be sure, there will be days with combinations of both.  I am thankful for things both great and small.


Nothing is too small to be deemed "important enough" to warrant gratitude.

Nothing is too large (the sunshine in the sky!) to show appreciation to the Creator.

Nothing.

Obviously, you and I both know that my inspiration for this is Ann Voskamp.  I wouldn't pretend otherwise. I'm planning to re-read her book this fall, and to more purposefully look for things to be thankful for during my days.

I hope you'll join me (and I know there are others as well) who are making this effort.  Just a small list at the end of a day's post.  Number them if you like.  And... if you don't have a blog, feel free to leave a comment on my posts or on my Facebook page telling me what you're thankful for.  Expressing it is key!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, today I am thankful for the beautiful fall weather. Gratitude does help shape one'e attitude don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...